A couple of weeks back, I got the wonderful news, that I had been nominated for the Blogger Recognition award. I’m flattered, thankful, and really appreciate that another blogger likes this blog enough to nominate me. Thank you, so much, to Katy of The Tightwad Tourist for my nomination!
Blogging is a weird thing to spend time doing. It’s taking thoughts and hopes and experiences, and throwing them out into the internet void, where there is so much noise thrown around that it can be hard to find the quality. Travel bloggers get into this world for a lot of reasons, and I think the best travel bloggers do it because they would be doing it whether anyone read it or not. Because the best travel bloggers have words to say about the things they have seen and experienced, want to share it with all of you – whether you are reading for a little mental vacation, or using that information in your own travel.
So part of what I have been really looking forward to with this award, is being able to share with you the travel bloggers I think you should be reading.
Brief History of Wandertoes
I am a 40-something wife and homeschooling mom, who also is doing as much travel and blogging as I can manage here at wandertoes.com. The travel bug bit me early when my father won work reward trips to Hawaii during my childhood and I have worked to build the same adventure and travel-time together with my hubby and two teen girls – not as a digital nomad, but as a more traditional work-around-work-and-school-
My advice to new bloggers:
I still feel very much like a new blogger, so none of my advice comes from anything more than one blogging friend to another. But my two pieces of advice are:
- Only get into this if you would be doing it whether anyone ever read it or not. It can take over your travel if you let it, and it’s a lot of work to make anything really happen on your blog.
- Learn about SEO, employ SEO, but do not worship at the altar of SEO. Write well, add SEO where it works, don’t sacrifice your writing for the SEO.
15 Travel Bloggers You Should be Reading.
According to the terms of this award, I can nominate 15 bloggers for the award – this is where I get to share with you who I think some of the best travel bloggers are. It took me a bit longer than I had hoped to put together my list, because I wanted to make sure I’m nominating blogs that I love, and there are a lot of bloggers out there that I have really enjoyed!
But I had to pick my 15 Travel Bloggers, so I nominate:
- Girl With The Passport
- Hang Around the World
- Glimpses of the World
- Off the Clock Nurse
- Yoga Wine Travel
- Living the Q Life
- 100 Cobbled Roads
- Our Sweet Adventures
- Planes Trains and Meltdowns
- Trekking with Becky
- The Daily Adventure of Me
- Jenny Far Away
- Tasty Travelogue
- Wanderlust Epicurean
Have fun poking around on their blogs and having a laugh and a touch of wanderlust thrown into your day!
If you, as a nominee, want to pass this on to others:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. That would be me. 😀
- Write a post about your award – like this one.
- Briefly tell how your blog got started.
- Share two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers to nominate for this award.
- Comment on each of those bloggers sites, linking them to your post, letting them know they have been nominated.